Long distance relationships are hard, they’re even harder on holidays that are all about love. Grocery stores across the country quickly remind everyone that Valentine’s Day is coming and you must buy; candy, flowers, cookies, cupcakes, a card that sings, a giant teddy bear, and maybe some balloons to show your love for someone.
If you’re like me you don’t really care about receiving any of that, especially when you can’t even celebrate with your boyfriend/spouse because they’re in the Military. To a lot of people it’s just another day and, “If you love someone you should show them every day, not just one day out of the year.” Or you’re the hopeless romantic kind that absolutely loves Valentine’s Day and the romance of it all.
Regardless of how you feel about Valentine’s Day, you can still make it a great day without your significant other being there and here is how!
- Wake up and pick out your favorite outfit. Just because you’re alone on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you shouldn’t feel good about yourself!
- Make yourself a really great breakfast. If you’re like me you’ll go to the bakery and take full advantage of the heart-shaped donuts.
- Is it a nice day out? If it is take advantage of it. Go for a run, a hike, or a quick scenic drive filled with love songs during your lunch break. Plan a lunch date with some girlfriends, surround yourself with people that make you happy!
- After work stop by the grocery store to pick up a face-mask, some of your favorite comfort foods, and a good movie – this night is all about you!
- Before you go to bed, make a list of all of the things you love about your relationship with your military spouse/boyfriend. You’ll go to bed thinking positively about your relationship and happy!
At the end of the day remember, you do have someone out there that love’s you and would be there with balloons, flowers, candy, cookies, and a teddy bear if they could. Spend the day loving yourself and loving that you have a great relationship and you’ll find that Valentine’s Day on your own isn’t so bad.
Sandboxx is a mobile app that enables comms to exist throughout the military journey. The entire DOD organizational structure built into Sandboxx lets those in uniform and their families stay connected like never before possible. Sandboxx Letters continues the mission by give loved ones the ability to send physical mail to those in basic or on deployment. Learn more about how Sandboxx is revolutionizing the way our military community thrives at www.sandboxx.us and download the app here, www.sandboxx.us/app.